Sunday 21 January 2007

19-25 Jan

Well here's the latest....Friday, I had 4, yesterday I had 7 (not so good really). Today, I have already had 5.5 tsk tsk tsk and I'll probably end up having another 1 or 2 tonight.

I do feel I'm slipping somewhat on the will-power front. I'm not giving up on the giving up though. I guess I'm bound to have bad days coming up to my quit date and I mustn't lose faith. I have been thinking that I may end up using patches at the start of quitting as I do notice cravings at certain times during the day.

Since I wrote the above 2 paras, however, things have moved on. I have now been to the smoking clinic @ my surgery and the nurse has given me some microtabs, gum and lozenges to try. Tried a microtab, which is 2mg strength, OH MY, so strong and yugh, so now I've got a 1mg lozenge in me gob. It's minty, which I'm pleased about and it's taking ages to dissolve which is also great! I don't like smoking with gum or a sweet in my mouth, so maybe these will be the best option for me. I did have a feeling that they may be. As for the gum, well they're 4mg each, so I'm not even going to bother trying them considering the 2mg microtab was disgusting!

So I actually cannot remember if I had another one on Sunday night, but I probably did. Monday and Tuesday were probably around the 5 mark give or take 1 or 2; yesterday was 5 and today has been 3 and I will try to not have another one tonight! I've really got to crack the "one before bed" cig.

Let's hope these lozenges will be the answer.

No comments: